Recipe by Chef Jerrysbear2
Pasta Fresca from Noodles & Co. Balsamic, white wine and roasted garlic-sautéed penne pasta with baby spinach, fresh tomato and red onion. Topped with parsley and parmesan or feta cheese
Top Review by erinschaub1992
"This recipe was ok, but it's not Noodles & Co. Pasta Fresca. N&C doesn't use balsamic vinegar. I'd just add the white wine and chicken stock directly to the pan."
To this person...They actually do use balsamic vinegar...Check their website.
And it tastes like they use quite a bit more than this recipe calls for, so I added some extra.
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 1⁄2 cups pre-cooked farfalle pasta
- 1⁄4 cup cubed roma tomato
- 1 tablespoon diced red onion
- 2 dashes kosher salt, and
- cracked pepper
- 1 ounce baby fresh spinach
- 1⁄4 cup fresh garlic
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup sweet white wine
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauté Instructions:
- In a very hot sauté pan, add: extra virgin olive oil, pre-cooked farfalle (bow-tie pasta), roma tomatoes, diced red onions, kosher salt & cracked pepper.
- Sear noodles, stirring occasionally until steaming hot.
- Add: baby fresh spinach, 1 oz. fresca sauce.
- Toss to combine, serve with freshly shaved parmesan cheese.
- FRESCA SAUCE: (for 15 servings) 1/4 cup fresh garlic, 2 teaspoons kosher salt, 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar, 1/4 cup sweet white wine, 1 cup extra virgin olive oil.