Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this recipe on the back of a package of whole wheat egg noodles- Yum!
- 12 ounces uncooked extra wide whole wheat egg noodles (such as Healthy Harvest)
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin orange sections, drained, reserve liquid
- 4 ounces sliced mushrooms, drained, reserve liquid
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 lb raw shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 1 cup fresh snow pea pods, ends removed
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- soy sauce (To taste)
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain. Keep warm, set aside.
- While noodles are cooking, pour mushroom and orange liquids into a measuring cup add water to equal 1 cup. Blend in cornstarch and set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt butter and saute mushrooms, shrimp, pea pods, green onions, and garlic powder until shrimp turn pink.
- Add reserved liquid, stirring until slightly thickened.
- Toss shrimp mixture with hot cooked noodles, gently blend in orange segments and soy sauce to taste.
I made this a s a part of the ZWT6 and I fell in love with it. It was a suprise hit. I wasn't sure about the Mandarin Orange Section until I tasted it. They gave just the right amount of tang and sweetness. This dish is really easy to make.
Not only is this a quick and easy meal to throw together, it is delicious and healthy! Nick is one lucky guy if he gets meals like this. We will definitely be having this one again. Thanks for another winner! The only variation I made was to use fresh sliced mushrooms instead of canned ones. I just added a little water to make up for the reserved liquid.