Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe does not use Pot cheese, it actually uses Farmer Cheese. I have been to many supermarkets and can't seem to find the Pot Cheese, so I ended up substituting. The flavor is very rich, but not overpowering. It comes from my Mother-In-Law who grew up with Hungarian parents. The recipe is short and easy, and is great for quick after work meals. My kids both go nuts for it, and my 10 year old takes the cold leftovers to school for her lunch...It's THAT GOOD!!
- Cook the bacon until crisp (Not Burnt).
- Save the Bacon fat.
- Place the bacon on a paper towel and set aside.
- When the Bacon is cooled and crisp, Chop it into small pieces.
- Slice the butter into 1tbsp size pieces.
- In a Large Pot cook the pasta as per package instructions.
- Drain the pasta (do not rinse).
- Put the pasta back into the pot.
- Add the butter.
- Add 2 tbsp of Bacon fat.
- Add the Farmer Cheese.
- Add in the bacon, salt and pepper.
- Mix together until the butter is melted and the cheese has become infused with the pasta.
- Serve it up hot, also good cold.