Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
I have been making these delicious noodles for years. oriental style. Yum!
- 6 scallions
- 1⁄2 large cucumber (to slice on top)
- 2 chopped fresh garlic cloves
- fresh gingerroot, in thin slices
- 1⁄4 cup bamboo shoot
- 6 medium mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons brown bean sauce
- 1⁄2 lb ground lean pork
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce or 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 lb egg noodles
- Cut 2 scallions into 2 inch pieces for garnish. Shred lengthwise.peel cucumber and slice thin also. Put aside.
- Mince remaining scallions, garlic, ginger, bamboo shoots, and mushrooms.
- Cook noodles and mix with one Tablespoon oil.
- Put remaimimg oil in pan , cook garlic and ginger briefly, add minced scallions and ground pork, cook till it has lost any trace of pink.
- add bamboo shoot and mushrooms,.
- stir in bean sauce and broth, sugar and sherry.
- Add hosin or soy sauce.
- Reduce heat can cover and cook for about 4 minutes, Serve over hot noodles with scallion and cucumber garnish.