Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Great way to use up leftover ham.
- 1 1⁄2 cups wide egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup half-and-half or 1 cup light cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups diced cooked ham
- 0.5 (15 1/4 ounce) can sweet peas, drained
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1⁄4 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Prepare egg noodles according to package directions; drain.
- In medium saucepan melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat.
- Stir in flour until combined.
- Stir in cream.
- Cook and stir until mixture is thickened and bubbly.
- Add cheese, stirring until cheese melts.
- Stir in ham, peas, and horseradish.
- Carefully stir in cooked noodles.
- Place mixture in 1-1/2 quart casserole.
- Sprinkle with bread crumbs.
- Dot with 1 tablespoon butter.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until mixture is heated through and edges are bubbly.
I thought this was great. This is from The Encyclopedia of Creative Cooking, edited by Charlotte Turgeon. I think this was my first cookbook! 500 cookbooks, later....