Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Very tasty, fast, and easy to make. Worth a try.
- 453.59 g ground beef
- 56.69 g package brown gravy mix
- 29.58 ml flour
- 709.77 ml cold water
- 1.23 ml onion powder
- 1.23 ml garlic powder
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 2.46 ml salt
- 118.29 ml frozen peas
- 473.18 ml egg noodles
- 118.29 ml cheddar cheese, shredded
- Brown ground beef, do not drain, set aside.
- Combine gravy mix, flour, water, and all spices in a large pot, whisk in water and blend well.
- Add ground beef with drippings, peas, noodles, and cheese and mix.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium, simmer for 20 minutes.
- Serve with warm biscuits.
This is a good base recipe. As written we found this very bland. I doubled the recipe but needed to more then double some of the seasonings. I added one tsp of salt and 3/4 tsp of pepper. We also didn't like the peas in this- they didn't seem like they belonged. I also only had one packet of brown gravy so I used that plus a packet of onion gravy. I cooked as directed except that I didn't add the cheese until the mixture was done. I then added the cheese and stirred until melted. With the adjustments, we thought this was pretty good.