Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Very tasty, fast, and easy to make. Worth a try.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (2 ounce) package brown gravy mix
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups cold water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- 2 cups egg noodles
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Brown ground beef, do not drain, set aside.
- Combine gravy mix, flour, water, and all spices in a large pot, whisk in water and blend well.
- Add ground beef with drippings, peas, noodles, and cheese and mix.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium, simmer for 20 minutes.
- Serve with warm biscuits.
This is a good base recipe. As written we found this very bland. I doubled the recipe but needed to more then double some of the seasonings. I added one tsp of salt and 3/4 tsp of pepper. We also didn't like the peas in this- they didn't seem like they belonged. I also only had one packet of brown gravy so I used that plus a packet of onion gravy. I cooked as directed except that I didn't add the cheese until the mixture was done. I then added the cheese and stirred until melted. With the adjustments, we thought this was pretty good.