My mom made this dish a lot for us as I was growing up - it's a wonderful comfort food to me... and now I enjoy making it myself. I like it paired with candied carrots and garlic bread.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 6 ounces wide egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs (I use Italian style)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown ground beef with onion powder and garlic in skillet; drain fat and season with salt and pepper.
- Mix together melted butter, sour cream and Parmesan cheese.
- Add meat and sour cream mixture to noodles.
- Pour into a 2 quart baking dish and sprinkle the bread crumbs over the mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, for 30-35 minutes or until lightly browned.
This is really a different pasta dish and such a nice change from the usual. I started out making this as written, but as others have stated it is quite dry. So I did increase the sour cream to 2 Cups and the butter to 3 Tbsp then thinned a bit more with 1-2 Tbsp milk. I also found that the noodles were getting too crisp half way through baking, so I covered the dish for the remaining time. Really good flavour, and I will definitely make this again. Thx for sharing this recipe Erika!
My mom also made this casserole alot when I was little. I usually do 2 cups of sour cream and 4 tbsp. butter or it is too dry for me. I also add 2-3 garlic cloves instead of just one. Thank you for posting this!
I appreciated the comfort factor of it. However, it was dry and needed something else in the sauce. Worcesterhire? Double the sauce?