Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe reminds me of my Grandmother...she use to make it quite often. It's a 'comfort' food for me.
- 1 (8 ounce) package medium noodles
- 2 lbs cottage cheese
- 3 eggs (beaten)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups golden raisins
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs, toasted
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- Cook noodles according to pkg directions drain.
- Stir beaten eggs into noodles.
- Combine cottage cheese, sugar raisins, sour cream.
- Pour mixture in greased baking dish (8X8).
- Combine bread crumbs and butter and sprinkle on noodle mixture.
- . Bake 350 degrees for 1 hour.
I don;t have to try it yet to know how good this is. My Babushka made it just as this recipe instructs. I do not even see 1 difference. I will be making it this weekend for the family. Note: if you stir the sugar into the cream cheese first, the rest of the process will blend more easily.
Comfort food. I thought it was yummy, the kids didn't care for it. :(
This was very interesting. Ummm I shared it with my coworkers, and they weren't sure what to make of it. Guess it was too different for them.