Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a wonderful lunch dish from Naomi Kijima's book Bento Boxes. I am not putting a "passive" cooking time, because you are stir frying or chopping during all the cooking periods. There is no "passive" time. :) I used 1 chicken breast for 3 servings. Picky DD would have loved it if I had managed to not get ANY bell pepper in hers - I did omit the flakes for her.
- 4 ounces somen noodles (or other thin noodle)
- 1 chicken tenderloins
- 1⁄4 bell pepper (green is pretty, I've used red)
- 1⁄4 carrot
- 2 teaspoons cooking oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1⁄3 teaspoon salt
- red pepper flakes
- Boil noodles according to package directions.
- While noodles are boiling, cut tenderloin into thin strips. Julienne bell pepper and carrot.
- Drain noodles well when they are done cooking.
- Heat oil in a pan (I like a nonstick skillet since I don't have a wok) over medium high heat. Stir fry chicken and veggies until chicken is cooked and the veggies are slightly tender. Stir in the noodles. Mix in the soy sauce and salt and sprinkle on pepper flakes before serving.