Great side dish from Gourmet Magazine
Make and share this Noodle Salad With Spicy Peanut Butter Dressing recipe from Food.com.
- 6 tablespoons creamy peanut butter (do not use old-fashioned style or freshly ground)
- 1⁄4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon oriental sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 8 ounces linguine
- 1 large orange bell pepper, cut into matchstick strips
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 5 large lettuce leaves
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup chopped salted peanuts
- Combine first 8 ingredients in small bowl; whisk to blend.
- Set dressing aside.
- Cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally.
- Drain pasta; rinse with cold water and drain again.
- Transfer pasta to medium bowl.
- Add bell pepper and green onions.
- Pour dressing over; toss to coat.
- Season salad with salt and pepper.
- Line serving bowl with lettuce leaves.
- Transfer salad to prepared bowl.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and peanuts.
Made this the other night with spinach linguine and was quite pleased with the taste. To save some calories I tried it with 4 tablespoons (chunky but not old-fashioned style) peanut butter, but if you do that I suggest cutting back on or omitting the broth because that made the dressing a bit too liquidy and messy to eat. Also, I like hot foods, but BF does not, so next time I will use 1/4 teaspoon cayenne instead of 1/2. Thanks for this great recipe!