Recipe by Mizzy
Great side dish from Gourmet Magazine
Top Review by Kumquat the Cat's friend
Made this the other night with spinach linguine and was quite pleased with the taste. To save some calories I tried it with 4 tablespoons (chunky but not old-fashioned style) peanut butter, but if you do that I suggest cutting back on or omitting the broth because that made the dressing a bit too liquidy and messy to eat. Also, I like hot foods, but BF does not, so next time I will use 1/4 teaspoon cayenne instead of 1/2. Thanks for this great recipe!
- 6 tablespoons creamy peanut butter (do not use old-fashioned style or freshly ground)
- 1⁄4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon oriental sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 8 ounces linguine
- 1 large orange bell pepper, cut into matchstick strips
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 5 large lettuce leaves
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup chopped salted peanuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 8 ingredients in small bowl; whisk to blend.
- Set dressing aside.
- Cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally.
- Drain pasta; rinse with cold water and drain again.
- Transfer pasta to medium bowl.
- Add bell pepper and green onions.
- Pour dressing over; toss to coat.
- Season salad with salt and pepper.
- Line serving bowl with lettuce leaves.
- Transfer salad to prepared bowl.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and peanuts.