This Southeast Asian recipe is adapted from a recipe posted on Katherine Martinelli's blog.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 inch piece ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro leaves and stems
- 2 stalks lemongrass, bruised or 8 lemongrass, leaves roughly chopped
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 3 -4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 pound)
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (from 2 limes)
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1For the Poached Chicken:.
- 2Fill a large, deep pan with water and add the soy sauce, ginger, garlic, cilantro, lemongrass, salt and pepper and bring to a rolling simmer over medium heat.
- 3Add the chicken breasts and bring the liquid back to a boil. Cook for a few minutes, then remove from the heat, cover, and let stand for about 15 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through.
- 4Remove the chicken from the poaching liquid with a slotted spoon and set aside. Let cool and then shred with two forks. (Don’t throw that liquid out! You’ve now got a beautiful broth – cover and bring to a rolling boil for at least 5 minutes (just in case) then strain and serve. Add chicken or any veggies you like.).
- 5For the Peanut-Lime Vinaigrette:.
- 6Put all ingredients in a blender or food processor and mix until fully combined and smooth. Set aside (can be made a few days in advance and stored in the refrigerator).
- 7For the Noodle Salad:.
- 8Meanwhile, put the rice noodles in a large heatproof bowl and pour boiling water over to cover. Allow to soak for 10 minutes, until the noodles are tender. Drain and rinse with cold water. Return to the bowl.
- 9Add the carrots, cilantro, mint, scallions, peanuts, shredded chicken, and half the peanut-lime vinaigrette and toss (alternately, substitute 4 cups shredded rotisserie chicken or sliced tofu, raw or cooked). Taste and add more vinaigrette as needed.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Noodle Salad With Poached Chicken and Peanut-Lime Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (168 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 454.0
- Calories from Fat 138
- Total Fat 15.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 56.6 mg
- Sodium 1138.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 7.9 g
- Protein 29.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
cilantro leaves and stems