Recipe from AussieChef at the Fine Cooking board... thanks Aussie! This is a great summer salad, makes an excellent side dish for a picnic, or top with grilled chicken for a simple and delicious main course.
- 1 lb cooked al dente and cooled thin pasta (that's 1 lb. after cooking)
- 2 -4 scallions, chopped,save some for garnish
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned,save some for garnish
- roasted peanuts, chopped,save all for garnish
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds or 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, with additional for garnish (optional)
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 serrano chili, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons unsalted creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 2⁄3 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- To make dressing: In a food processor, process everything except the oil.
- Slowly drizzle in the oil until emulsified.
- Scrape into a bowl and wait for half an hour for the flavours to develop.
- To make salad: Toss all together, dress with just enough dressing to moisten and flavor, and garnish with scallions, red bell pepper and peanuts.
- Serve at room temperature.