1/2 Photos of Noodle Salad with Peanut-Lime Vinaigrette
Tracy K's Note:
Recipe from AussieChef at the Fine Cooking board... thanks Aussie! This is a great summer salad, makes an excellent side dish for a picnic, or top with grilled chicken for a simple and delicious main course.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb cooked al dente and cooled thin pasta (that's 1 lb. after cooking)
- 2 -4 scallions, chopped,save some for garnish
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned,save some for garnish
- roasted peanuts, chopped,save all for garnish
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds or 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, with additional for garnish (optional)
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 serrano chili, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1To make dressing: In a food processor, process everything except the oil.
- 2Slowly drizzle in the oil until emulsified.
- 3Scrape into a bowl and wait for half an hour for the flavours to develop.
- 4To make salad: Toss all together, dress with just enough dressing to moisten and flavor, and garnish with scallions, red bell pepper and peanuts.
- 5Serve at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Noodle Salad with Peanut-Lime Vinaigrette
Serving Size: 1 (237 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 855.5
- Calories from Fat 413
- Total Fat 45.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 394.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 93.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 18.3 g