Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
I love the combination of rice and noodles. This is a tasty dish to try.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup long grain rice (I use jasmine)
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked fine egg noodles (or vermicelli)
- 2 3⁄4 cups fat free chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons minced fesh parsley
- In a saucepan, melt the butter. Add the rice and noodles; cook and stir until light and browned, about 3 minutes. Stir in broth; bring to a boil. reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until broth is absorbed and rice is tender. Stir in parsley.
Simple ingredients, easy and so tasty. I think I could have eaten all of it. I'll be making this again and again. Thanks for posting the keeper recipe!
really good- i used white rice -- Wonderful and tasty--so easy too!! I added salt and pepper and used dried parsley-- will make again. thank you for this wonderful recipe. Made this agin last night -- came out awesome again.
This is a great recipe and a nice change from the usual. I use brown rice and cook the rice separately in chicken broth and parsley as it takes the brown rice longer to cook than noodles, then combine the two when done. I have also used ramen noodles instead of the egg noodles - either way, it turns out great! Thanks for posting!