Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
From Gooseberry Patch Flavors of Fall. An old Pennsylvania Dutch recipe.
Top Review by duonyte
My mother (who is not Jewish) made something very similar, with apple juice. This is a comfy dish. I think these types of dishes were common among central and eastern European households of all types, as all of the ingredients were readily available in the farm economies.
- 1 (16 ounce) package medium egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 2 apples, cored, peeled, and grated
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄2-1 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup orange juice
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, gently toss noodles, apples, walnuts, and raisins together; set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; stir into noodle mixture.
- Spread mixture into a greased 13x9 inch baking pan.
- Bake in a 350° oven for 40 minutes.