Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
From The Fine Arts Cookbook II. The note there says it is Mrs. Benjamin Castleman's Mother-in-law's recipe (thus the name). This has cottage cheese, sour cream, eggs, melted butter, and milk for liquids. I sprinkled the top with cinnamon before baking. My kugel was done a little before an hour. Watch toward the end. This doesn't have a lot of liquids or wet ingredients compared to other kugels. It's more noodle with less filler.
- 1 (12 ounce) package egg noodles
- 4 eggs
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted, one stick
- 8 ounces cottage cheese
- 6 tablespoons sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- Cook noodles according to package; drain and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together the eggs, sugar and salt.
- Add the remaining ingredients and then mix with the noodles.
- Bake in a greased 2 quart Pyrex baking dish for 1 hour at 400 degrees F. or until crusty around the dish but not too dry.