Recipe by Crafty Lady 13
Unlike the other noodle puddings that I have seen on this website, this recipe is more like individual casseroles than a pudding. It is savory instead of sweet. Egg noodles, mixed with sour cream, cottage cheese and Cheddar cheese then topped with a buttery panko crust and baked. I got this recipe out of the February 2011 Country living magazine.
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs, bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted, plus more for greasing ramekins
- 8 ounces wide egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F In a small bowl, toss panko with melted butter and set aside. Butter six 1-cup ramekins.
- In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Divide noodle mixture between prepared ramekins and top with reserved bread crumbs. Bake for 1 hour. Serve hot.