Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
It is a great variation to your regular ol' standard pizza. Recipe is from "Family Circle", Woman's Day", or "Woman's World" magazine, 2005.
- 2 (6 ounce) hot Italian sausage, castings removed, cut into links (approximately 6 oz.)
- 1 bell pepper, cut in thin strips
- 1 medium onion, cut in thin strips
- 3 (3 ounce) packages beef-flavor ramen noodles
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Sauté sausage in a large skillet, breaking up clumps as it cooks. Add pepper and onion; sauté until sausage, pepper and onion are cooked. Remove to a bowl.
- Cook noodles as packages directs. Drain, then stir in 1 seasoning packet (save remaining 2 packets for another use.)
- Heat oil in same skillet over medium heat. Spread noodles evenly in skillet. Pour eggs over noodles. Cover and cook until eggs just begin to set.
- Spread with marinara sauce, leaving a 1-inch border of noodles around edges. Top with sausage mixture and cheese.
- Cover and cook over medium-low heat to melt cheese. Serves 6.
Huge hit with my family-they absolutely loved this! Instead of hot sausage used 1/2 sweet/1/2 breakfast sausage. Next time I will use a different skillet, mine stuck to the bottom, so I wasn't really able to cut it into slices. Used co-jack cheese. Thank You(once again!)