Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
My husband is not a big fan of pasta and I don't need the carbs anyway so this easy, throw together recipe that I got from my mother is perfect for us!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb Italian sausage
- 1⁄2 cup small onion, chopped
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 3 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 4 teaspoons basil
- 4 teaspoons parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 4 teaspoons garlic powder, divided
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) can spinach, drained
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 2 (12 ounce) cans biscuits
- Brown beef, sausage and onion. Can be browned in microwave.
- In separate bowl add tomato sauce, tomato paste and basil, parsley flakes, salt, oregano, 1 tsp garlic powder and pepper.
- Combine meat mixture and tomato mixture.
- In a small bowl combine ricotta cheese and drained spinach.
- In baking dish alternate layers of meat mixture, ricotta cheese mixture and mozzarella cheese.
- Separate each biscuit into two layers.
- Top with biscuits.
- Sprinkle with garlic powder.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.