Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
A dairy kugel from a community cookbook. I just made and it for Rosh Hashana and it was very good. I made it lighter by using a low-fat sour cream. No cheese in this recipe. Note* If you want to use the raisin topping you'll need to soak the raisins overnight in orange juice. I had no time for the raisins this time but it sounds really good to me.
- 1 (8 ounce) package broad egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 4 eggs
- 16 ounces sour cream, can use lowfat
- 1 cup sugar, I used 3/4 cup Splenda
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup golden raisin, soaked overnight in orange juice and drained
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon sugar, can use cinnamon
- In a 9" X 13" Pyrex baking dish, place the butter.
- Put the hot drained noodles on top of the butter to melt it and toss the noodles to coat, until butter is melted. (If you have noodles that are cold that you want to use, just melt the butter and toss in the noodles).
- In a mixing bowl, use an electric mixer, beat together the eggs, sour cream, sugar, milk, vanilla and salt until the mixture is well blended.
- Pour the mixture over the buttered noodles in the baking dish and spread evenly in the pan; all noodles should be coated.
- Sprinkle top with raisins and cinnamon sugar.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 1 hour.