1 hr 30 mins
Leah K.'s Note:
In response to a request, Noodle Kugel, Onion-Mushroom
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook noodles uncovered about 4 minutes or until nearly tender, but firmer than al dente; drain, rinse with cold water and drain well; transfer to large bowl.
- 2Heat 4 tablespoons oil in large skillet.
- 3Add onions and sauté over medium low heat about 12 minutes or until very tender.
- 4Add mushrooms, seasonings and 1 teaspoon paprika; sauté about 12 minutes or until mushrooms are tender and onions are browned; if liquid remains in pan, cook over high heat, stirring, a few minutes until it evaporates; cool slightly.
- 5Add eggs to noodles and mix well.
- 6Stir in mushroom mixture; taste and adjust seasoning.
- 7Oil a 2-quart baking dish and add noodle mixture.
- 8Sprinkle with remaining tablespoon oil, then dust with remaining paprika.
- 9Bake uncovered at 350°F for 1 hour or until set.
- 10Serve from the baking dish.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Noodle Kugel, Onion-Mushroom
Serving Size: 1 (122 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 154.0
- Calories from Fat 95
- Total Fat 10.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 60.1 mg
- Sodium 20.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 4.2 g