Recipe by Normaone
Kugel is a comfort food that is nice for breakfast or brunch. This version is very easy to prepare. Also, I usually have most of these ingredients on hand.
- 8 ounces wide egg noodles
- 1 cup raisins
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup melted unsalted butter, cooled
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 4 cups whole milk
- 3 cups corn flakes, coarsely crushed
- 1⁄4 packed dark brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350^F.
- Butter a 13x9x2 inch glass baking dish.
- Place uncooked noodles in pan and spread evenly over bottom.
- Sprinkle with the raisins.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, sour cream, sugar and butter.
- Add the milk, whisking until smooth.
- Pour the mixture evenly over the noodles and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Combine the cornflake crumbs and brown sugar.
- Sprinkle evenly over the noodles.
- Bake about 1 hour or until set in the center.
- Cut into squares and serve either warm or room temperature.