Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Kugel is a comfort food that is nice for breakfast or brunch. This version is very easy to prepare. Also, I usually have most of these ingredients on hand.
- 8 ounces wide egg noodles
- 1 cup raisins
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup melted unsalted butter, cooled
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 4 cups whole milk
- 3 cups corn flakes, coarsely crushed
- 1⁄4 packed dark brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350^F.
- Butter a 13x9x2 inch glass baking dish.
- Place uncooked noodles in pan and spread evenly over bottom.
- Sprinkle with the raisins.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, sour cream, sugar and butter.
- Add the milk, whisking until smooth.
- Pour the mixture evenly over the noodles and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Combine the cornflake crumbs and brown sugar.
- Sprinkle evenly over the noodles.
- Bake about 1 hour or until set in the center.
- Cut into squares and serve either warm or room temperature.
It was awesome, just like what I had as a little girl. It was also very quick, easy, and low-cost.
Simple and delicious. Added vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg as suggested. Also used a mix of raisins, dried cranberries, and diced fresh apple. Served at our break fast to rave reviews.
I decide to try this recipe after my husband complained that my usual noodle kugel was too sweet. This one was easy to put together, and tasted great. He liked it much better.