Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
A sweet dessert made with noodles, eggs, and raisins.
- 18 ounces broad egg noodles
- 4 ounces butter, softened
- 6 large eggs, separated
- 9 ounces cottage cheese
- 9 ounces sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 tablespoon orange rind, grated
- 18 ounces apples, chopped or 3⁄4 cup raisins
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Cook noodles in boiling water until just tender, about 10 min.
- Drain well and transfer to large mixing bowl Add butter and mix until butter is melted.
- Set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, combine egg yolks, cottage cheese, sour cream, sugar, 1 tsp.
- cinnamon, vanilla, orange peel, and apples or raisins (or both).
- Add this to noodle mixture and mix thouroughly.
- Beat egg whites until stiff.
- Fold whites into the noodle mixture.
- Pour into a 2 1/2 qt.
- greased baking dish.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar topping mix.
- Bake in pre-heated 400 degree oven for 45 minutes.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
This was really easy to make and delicious. I think I wouldn't leave it so long in the oven because some noodles got a big crispy, but otherwise it was delicious!!