Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Creamy and delicious. Can be made ahead and reheated.I use it as a side dish in place of potatoes.
- 8 ounces fine noodles, cooked
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 4 eggs, well beaten
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 pint sour cream
- 1⁄2 lb cream-style cottage cheese
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- Mix all ingredients. Put into a 2 quart greased casserole dish. Top with sugar and cinnamon.
- Bake about 45 minutes at 350 degrees or until golden brown.
I loved this. I wanted to play pick-a-kugel but I wanted to find a kugel that did not call for 1/4 cup or more of butter. This fit the bill. I used medium egg noodles and light butter. I combined my fat free sour cream and my fat free cottage cheese in the food processor and whirred it for awhile to remove those cottage cheese lumps that I can't stand. Used the eggs abd sugar and golden raisins and did add a cinnamon sugar topping. It was divine. You would never have known they were fat free products. Of course, my kids kept calling it "a google" but otherwise wonderful! ;)