Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is atleast 40 years old. It was on a box of Kraft Mac and cheese. Taking out the peppers and stewed tomatoes my mom came up with a dish that is easy, cheap, fast and delicious!!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 0.5 (10 ounce) can water (or milk)
- 1 (7 1/4 ounce) box macaroni and cheese mix
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup sharp cheddar cheese (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- In a 3 qt pot, boil a slightly salted pot of water.
- Cook macaroni al dente(deduct 2 minutes from the cook time).
- Make mac and cheese according to package directions.
- add milk and cheese(optional).
- In a 10 inch deep fry pan, Brown meat.
- add chopped onion,salt and pepper.
- drain any grease.
- Mix in cream of mushroom soup and water(or Milk)(make sure meat is cooked through).
- In an oven-proof bowl layer 1/2 the meat then 1/2the macaroni then repeat, (Macaroni ends up on top)cover with alumium foil, bake for 20-30 minutes in a 350 degree oven. (If time is a problem just mix all together in macaroni pot, cover and let simmer for 10 minutes. stir occasionally to avoid sticking.