Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
My Mom has always made this recipe and it has always been a favorite. Now that I am on a high protein diet, I really enjoy making this dish.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms
- 8 ounces cottage cheese
- 1⁄4 cup dried onion flakes
- 1 (4 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 package frozen spinach
- 1 package mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- saute ground turkey, drain, add onion flakes and all seasonings, tomato sauce, and mushrooms simmer.
- squeeze dry spinach, mix with cottage cheese.
- alternate layers with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 425 for 15 minutes.
I was un-ssure about it, but it ended up being a hit at the dinner table. I put in one 8 oz. can of tomato sauce, and I used 8 oz. fat-free Mozzarella cheese. I also added a little salt. I layered it twice. I think the next time I make it I will put a foil tent on top, and bake it for 5 min. longer or heat up the spinach first in the microwave. Very Good.
Absolutely fantastic!! I added some green peppers and onions. Also, I subed ground turkey breast which decreased fat content without compromising the flavor. What a great protein and vitamin enriched meal.
This was awesome! Very easy healthy comfort food. I love the spinach and cottage cheese mixture. I used reduced fat cheese and next time I will add even more mushrooms. If you enjoy this another great variation of noodle free lasagna is zucchini lasagna #749. Both are great!!