Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
A great blend of feta, Muenster and pasta. Some may find it too mild, but we find the cheeses give it a subtle richness.
- 8 ounces egg noodles
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 eggs
- 8 ounces muenster cheese, shredded
- 6 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- kosher salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375F; cook noodles according to package directions; drain well. Return to the (still hot) pot in which they were cooked, and toss gently but thoroughly with 2T butter.
- Place eggs in medium bowl, beat slightly. Add cheeses and salt (if desired) and blend well. Divide in two equal parts; mix parsley into one half.
- Place 1/2 the noodles in a buttered 9x9x2" baking pan. Spread evenly with 1/2 the cheese& parsley mixture; cover with remaining noodles, sprinkle with remaining cheese mixture (without parsley) over the top. Dot with remaining 2T butter.
- Bake 45 minutes or until browned; may be served hot or cold.
I thought this was very tasty - nice and cheesy and buttery! The top got a little too crunchy, but was still yummy. Really easy to make too!
Love, love love this recipe. I have to be honest, I never venture outside the "normal" realm of cheese and SO glad I gave this a shot. I love feta, but had never even sampled muenster, it's a new favorite. This is easy to make and a delight to eat. Thank You... my hubby thanks you!
Updated review. This dish remains too bland for my taste, but DH said "this is a great surprise" and has been eating them like there is no tomorrow. So, once again, we prove that not everyone's tastes are the same. I'm rating it a 5 for DH and I would rate it a 2 for me.