Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
My mom used to make this dish. It was one of my childhood favorites. I love the dill weed in it, and I add extra, just my taste. This is very good with pork roast or baked chicken.
- 8 ounces egg noodles (1/4 inch)
- 1 cup small curd cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- grated romano cheese or parmesan cheese
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain well.
- Blend together all other ingredients EXCEPT CHEESE; fold in noodles.
- Turn into a lightly greased or sprayed casserole dish.
- Top with cheese.
- Bake covered at 375 F for 30 minutes; Uncover and bake 15 minutes more.
Great recipe for making noodles. Very tasty alternative to potatoes. Served this will steak tonight and hubby loved it. I will definitely make this again. Followed directions and ingredients exactly as written. Thanks for sharing.
This is very good! I used light ingredients (cottage cheese, sour cream, mayo) and closer to 1 tsp dill. I make a similar recipe (no dill or thyme) that has Worcestershire sauce in it and might add a little of that next time (cause I love it's additional flavor) and I did think it needed a little salt (maybe I didn't use enough parm?), but otherwise it was nice as written. Thanks for sharing!
I had to work Easter I am a Chef and found this recipe and used it for a side entree except I didn't have dill, go figure in a big kitchen like this! So I used Chives and everyone loved it!!