Recipe by Pamela J
This is my grandma Nonni's German family recipe handed down and the "very special Christmas cookie" baked in our family every holiday season. Friends and family always look forward to these crispy, nutty treats. They go great with coffee, tea and hot chocolate!
- 1 lb butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups dark brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecans, chopped medium fine
- 6 cups flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients well.
- Form into four squared logs 1 1/2 inches thick and wrap in waxed paper.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Thinly slice and bake on ungreased cookie sheets in a preheated 350 degree oven for 8-10 minutes.
- Store at room temperature in sealed container for up to two weeks. Makes 8-10 dozen depending on how thick you slice them. You can store frozen dough in freezer to bake in a few batches if desired.