Recipe by usmcwf83
Best ever! I make this with no measurements so I will estimate here and you can try it differently to how your taste decides as I don't know any other way to do it! I know it's right by how it smells cooking! This was very hard to estimate so you will have to experiment and the adventure is..it doesn't always come out the same! You can use more or less meat and my MIL used lamb and pigs feet, too!
- 1 lb pork (I use boneless ribs)
- 1 lb stewing beef or 1 lb cubed sirloin
- 3 -6 Italian sausages
- 12 -18 meatballs, depending on how big you make them. (I like mine bite sized)
- 4 (28 ounce) cans crushed tomatoes in puree
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste (1-2 cans)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 medium onion
- 2 -3 garlic cloves
- bacon fat
meatballs (mix all ingredients)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb ground pork
- 1⁄2 cup romano cheese, grated
- 2 -3 teaspoons parsley
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon garlic clove
- 1⁄2 cup onion (I use onion powder)
- 1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In large dutch oven, saute onions in bacon fat till tender.
- Brown pork, beef and sausage on all sides. Do not drain grease off.
- Add cans of tomatoes to meat and bring to boil.
- Add tomato paste, water and seasonings.
- Simmer for 2 hours.
- Brown meatballs while sauce is simmering.
- Add browned meatballs and cook for another hour.
- (You can cook on low for many hours if you like, on stove or in crock pot!).
- Do not let burn bottom of pan!
- In another dutch oven, boil water for mostaciolli, penne, angel hair or any pasta you like!
- Scoop sauce over pasta and enjoy!