Recipe by 2ReDsOx 2
These meatballs are my grandmother's famous recipe. She makes them all the time at big gatherings and they are a delicious alternative to fattening regular meatballs. I thought I would share this great recipe with you all. I am not sure exactly how many meatballs this makes. It does make quite a lot though. You can certainly scale this recipe down, or freeze the meatballs for later meals.
- 3 lbs lean ground turkey
- 6 eggs (or egg beater equivalent)
- 2 -3 teaspoons salt
- 1 (6 ounce) bottle romano cheese (generous half a cup)
- 3 cups Italian breadcrumbs
- 3 (24 ounce) bottles tomato sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat tomato sauce in a large pot until it is boiling.
- Lightly beat the eggs and add to the turkey in a large bowl.
- Mix in the rest of the ingredients. Combine well, but do not overmix.
- Gently roll into balls. Make them as big or small as you like.
- Drop the meatballs into the boiling sauce.
- Cover the pot and do not disturb for at least 15-20 minutes.
- Continue to simmer until they are done and to your liking.
- Enjoy with spaghetti or in a sandwich.