My grandmother-in-law's recipe. It is requested by nearly everyone who tastes it. Recently the club we belong to added it to their permanent menu. Nonna made her own pasta dough - but I use won ton wrappers. It is the filling that makes these!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat 1 Tbs. oil in large skillet, add meat and brown well.
- 2Drain fat from meat and add salt, pepper, garlic powder and nutmeg. Set aside.
- 3Drain thawed spinach, squeezing to eliminate excess water.
- 4Saute spinach with 3 Tbs. oil sprinkled with garlic powder.
- 5Add spinach to meat and stir well. Continue sauteing for 5-10 minutes.
- 6Cool, then add egg and Paresan cheese mixing well.
- 7Place 2 teaspoons filling into center of won ton wrapper. If using less filling - fold wrapper over and seal edges using a bit of water. If using more filling- place a second wrapper over filling and seal using a bit of water.
- 8Note: Nonna made the filling and then placed several slices of bread into a bowl. Then put the filling on top of the bread. She let that sit in the refrigerator to absorb any excess fat drippings. Then she would place filling into pasta.
- 9Place pasta in boiling water until float to top. Ravioli may be frozen.
Browse Our Top Ravioli/Tortellini Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Ravioli/Tortellini Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nonna Marfisa's Ravioli
Serving Size: 1 (265 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 627.6
- Calories from Fat 178
- Total Fat 19.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 92.8 mg
- Sodium 865.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 78.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 30.9 g