Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Pretty good stuff!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef, lean 4%
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed and divided
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup mediterranean blend monterey jack cheese, grated
- 3 tablespoons sun-dried tomato pesto
- 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce, divided
- Mix all ingredients, reserving 1/4 cup brown sugar and 1/4 cup tomato sauce.
- Place in baking dish, forming meat loaf.
- In separate bowl, mix reserved tomato sauce with reserved brown sugar.
- Pour mixture over top of meat loaf.
- Bake uncovered at 350°F for approx 1 hour.