1 hr 40 mins
A DiMaggio family tradition. Noni used to bring this cake to every family gathering.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2Prepare cake mix as directed on box:.
- 3One boxed yellow cake mix.
- 4Pour the batter into two 9" cake pans.
- 5Combind the following ingredients.
- 61/4 cup flour.
- 71/2 cup brown sugar.
- 83 oz slivered almonds.
- 92 TBS melted butter.
- 10Sprinkle on the crumb topping on to the top of the cake batter.
- 11Bake the cake as directed and let cool, then chill the cake rounds in order for easier cutting.
- 12-- Frosting and filling --.
- 13Place in a saucepan over medium heat:.
- 144.5oz vanilla pudding and pie filling mix (not instant).
- 1520 oz can sweetened crushed pineapple (do not drain).
- 161/4 cup water.
- 17Heat to a boil and cook until thickened and bubbly. Them remove from heat and let cool in the refrigerator.
- 18Whip until stiff:.
- 191 16oz whipping cream.
- 201/4 c sugar.
- 21Fold the whipping cream mixture into the pineapple mixture.
- 22Cut the rounds in half diagonally. Place the top of one of the halfs on a cake platter (almond size up) and frost with some of the filling. Add the bottom half as the second layer and frost with some filling. Add the bottom half of the second set and frost. Add the top half of the second set (almond side up) and frost.
- 23Store the cake in the refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Noni's Famous Heavenly Pineapple Delight Cake
Serving Size: 1 (167 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 505.7
- Calories from Fat 221
- Total Fat 24.6 g
- Saturated Fat 10.9 g
- Cholesterol 57.7 mg
- Sodium 374.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 46.8 g
- Protein 4.7 g