Recipe by faerychic
My grandmother has been making this tasty casserole for years. It is always a hit a potluck's or holiday family gatherings.
Top Review by Rita~
I made 1/2 the recipe using fresh corn that I placed 7 ounces with 1 ounce milk and 1 teaspoon sugar in a blender and blended till smooth add the rest of the corn to equal 15 ounces, also used fresh jalapeno that I diced fine in place of the canned chili`s as to keep the salt down. Skipped the salt. made as a side which the 1/2 amount served 4-6. Was great as part of my Menu #30102. Thanks! Made for Pick a Chef fall 2009 http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=310505&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
- 3⁄4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 6 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄2 chopped onion
- 2 (4 ounce) cans diced green chilies
- 3 eggs
- 2 (15 ounce) cans creamed corn (green giant works best)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl slightly beat eggs.
- Add remainder of ingredients reserving 1 cup of shredded cheese for top of casserole.
- Transfer to 2 quart casserole dish.
- Bake for approximately 45 to 60 minutes or longer until center of casserole is set.
- Top with remaining shredded cheese. Return to oven just until cheese is melted.