Noni Suzanne's Note:
My own version of a light meal on a hot summers day! More or less Curry can be added to suit your taste. It seems people either love Curry or hate it, with no in between. I'm one of those "Curry lovers", so I usually end up adding more than any recipe calls for. This is one of those recipes that can be played with...which is how I came up with it in the first place. Enjoy! (my daughter hates coconut AND curry...but loves this salad)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
- 1 fuji apple, cored, unpeeled and chopped
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 2 green onions, diced
- 1/2 cup dried sweetened cranberries
- 1/2 cup almonds, sliced
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1First, cook the chicken breasts. I usually simmer in either water or chicken broth. (When done, I put in the refrigerator to chill, usually an hour or so, but this isn't necessary. It just makes cubing the chicken easier, and the salad that much closer to "cold" when I'm done making it).
- 2In large bowl, mix first eight ingredients.
- 3In separate container, mix ingredients for dressing.
- 4Add to salad ingredients and toss until well coated.
- 5Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or longer if possible to give the flavors time to blend.
Browse Our Top Potluck Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potluck Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Noni's Chicken Curry Salad
Serving Size: 1 (348 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 496.3
- Calories from Fat 190
- Total Fat 21.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 75.9 mg
- Sodium 540.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 27.8 g
- Protein 39.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: