Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My own version of a light meal on a hot summers day! More or less Curry can be added to suit your taste. It seems people either love Curry or hate it, with no in between. I'm one of those "Curry lovers", so I usually end up adding more than any recipe calls for. This is one of those recipes that can be played with...which is how I came up with it in the first place. Enjoy! (my daughter hates coconut AND curry...but loves this salad)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
- 1 fuji apple, cored, unpeeled and chopped
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 2 green onions, diced
- 1⁄2 cup dried sweetened cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup almonds, sliced
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1⁄4 cup shredded coconut
- 2 cups nonfat plain yogurt
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- First, cook the chicken breasts. I usually simmer in either water or chicken broth. (When done, I put in the refrigerator to chill, usually an hour or so, but this isn't necessary. It just makes cubing the chicken easier, and the salad that much closer to "cold" when I'm done making it).
- In large bowl, mix first eight ingredients.
- In separate container, mix ingredients for dressing.
- Add to salad ingredients and toss until well coated.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or longer if possible to give the flavors time to blend.