Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
The version from right here, in Easton. (out in the country, from Fresno)
- 4 cups fresh broccoli, chopped
- 1 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3⁄4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 cup sunflower seeds, salted
- 1 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons cider vinegar
- Make dressing first and refrigerate while putting together first 5 ingredients.
- Toss with dressing.
- If making ahead, don't add dressing until ready to serve.
- (I usually make dressing ahead so it's good and cold when poured and tossed with salad).
This salad is amazing! I've made it a few times and everyone always loves it. I adjusted the recipe to include cauliflower and celery and I chop the ingredients into very small pea size pieces...the flavors of the vegetables and dressing blend much better. Also, I only used 1/2 cup raisans and then added 1/2 cup dried cranberries.
LOOOOVED this salad! I took this to a large family picnic and the entire thing was devoured! Thank you, Noni. My search for the perfect broccoli salad is over.