Prep 12 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Cooks up with a nice gravy. Add a little thickener if necessary.
Make and share this Noni's Beef Stew recipe from Food.com.
- Dust stew meat with flour.
- In dutch oven, heat oil, add meat; cook and stir until browned.
- Add next 7 ingredients, mix well.
- Add water; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 2 to 2-1/2 hours until meat is tender.
- Add carrots and potatoes, add more water if needed, cook on low until vegetables are done, 40-45 minutes.
Very good! I made it exactly as written and it was warm, filling, rich and tasty. I didn't need to thicken it up at all. The only comment I recieved was that it would be even better with more meat in it. I thought it was meaty enough however and I enjoyed all the veggies. Thanks Inez!
This is a very good Beef Stew. I made a few adjustments: added only 1/4 teaspoon salt, and added 3 teaspoons Better Bouillon, beef flavor. It came out great, and I will definitely make it again when I want beef stew.
You have another winner here MizzNezz. Wonderful stew,great taste. The only thing different I did was add half water and half beef broth and I slow cooked it in the oven just cause it was easier. Thanks, this is a keeper. Jan