Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
my nonie made this for me when i was 14. when i moved out on my own i only knew how to make a few meals. then i remembered how she made this and i eat it all the time. hope you enjoy it.
- 1⁄2 head romaine lettuce
- 1 can mandarin orange segments
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts
- 1 bottle briannas blush wine vinaigrette dressing (you can get this at most grocery stores it had a big strawberry on the front)
- tear lettuce into bite size pieces and toss in a bowl.
- drain mandarin oranges (i usually save a little juice).
- add mandarin oranges to lettuce.
- add pine nuts.
- toss salad.
- pour desired amount of dressing on salad.
This was very good and what makes it good is the dressing, otherwise it would be just ordinary. Quick, easy and yummy, nice combination.
I made this as posted, using the Brianna's dressing. I thought something tasted very wrong about it, and the dressing was outdated....I just bought it at the store. That teaches me to check the labels. I've had this dressing before and really like it. But this time I used balsamic vinagrette and olive oil with some pepper and salt, and it was very good. I think I would enjoy it with some asian sesame dressing too. I'd also like to try it with toasted almonds instead of pine nuts. Very nice salad.
Oh this is just delicious! (It helps that Brianna's Blush Vinaigrette is my absolute favorite and usual salad dressing. :-)) The slight sweetness of the dressing works perfectly with this combination. Crispy romaine, mandarin oranges and pinenuts...simple but wonderful. I did use fresh tangerine segments, each cut in half, and toasted the pinenuts for added flavor. Thanks for posting this!