Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is the best stuffing I have ever had! My family won't even touch any other stuffing. With the leftovers cut in slices and fry it up a little in a pan with some butter. You'll think you've died and gone to heaven.
- 1 lb sausage
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 big onion, med dice
- 2 stalks celery, med dice
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 2 (12 ounce) bags bread cubes
- 1 (8 ounce) can chicken stock
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 egg
- Rice Krispies (enough so that you can handle it well)
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- Sauté the onion, celery, and carrot in a little bit of butter.
- Mix all ingredients together except the butter.
- Place everything into a aluminum foil "casserole" pan.
- Break up the butter and sprinkle over top of the stuffing.
- Bake at 350°F covered with tinfoil for 1 hours. Uncover and bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.