Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a recipe that I've tweaked and tried to make as low sodium as possible for my dad, mostly. Needless to say, healthy or not, it is a family favorite that I keep on hand. It's great as a cold cereal or on fresh fruit or yougurt.
- 32 ounces extra thick whole grain rolled oats
- 8 ounces organic unsweetened coconut, finely shredded
- 2 cups walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup natural almonds, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups craisins dried sweetened cranberries
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
MIX TOGETHER IN SEPERATE BOWL
- 2⁄3 cup canola oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups honey
- Mix all dry ingredients together -- EXCEPT FOR CRAISINS.
- Drizzle the honey/oil mixture over dry ingredients and toss to coat.
- Spread evenly onto cookie sheet; you'll need more than one as this makes a few batches.
- Bake at 300 for approx 30 minutes, stirring around as well as possible every 10 minutes.
- After removing from oven, let cool (that's when you'll see the crunchiness) and only then add the craisins.
- THE COOKING TIME IS APPROX BECAUSE DEPENDING ON THE SIZE OF YOUR COOKIE SHEET, THIS WILL DETERMINE HOW MANY BATCHES YOU'LL ACTUALLY MAKE. EACH BATCH IS APPROX 30 MINUTES COOKING TIME.