Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
A very light and flavorful dressing from the America's Test Kitchen Family Cookbook. To keep this nonfat the garlic is roasted with water rather than the traditional method with oil.
- Adjust an oven rack to the upper-middle position and heat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut 1/2 inch off the top of each garlic head to expose the tops of the cloves.
- Set the garlic heads cut-side up on a small sheet of aluminum foil and sprinkle with the water and a pinch of salt. Gather the foil up around the garlic tightly to form a packet, place it directly on the oven rack and roast for 45 minutes.
- Carefully open the top of the foil to expose the garlic and continue to roast until the garlic is soft and golden brown, about 20 minutes longer.
- Allow to cool for 20 minutes and reserve any juices in the packet.
- Squeeze the garlic from the skins into a food processor.
- Add to the food processor any reserved juices, 3/4 teaspoons salt, and the remaining ingredients. Process until thick and smooth, about 1 minute.