1 hr 10 mins
A very light and flavorful dressing from the America's Test Kitchen Family Cookbook. To keep this nonfat the garlic is roasted with water rather than the traditional method with oil.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Adjust an oven rack to the upper-middle position and heat the oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Cut 1/2 inch off the top of each garlic head to expose the tops of the cloves.
- 3Set the garlic heads cut-side up on a small sheet of aluminum foil and sprinkle with the water and a pinch of salt. Gather the foil up around the garlic tightly to form a packet, place it directly on the oven rack and roast for 45 minutes.
- 4Carefully open the top of the foil to expose the garlic and continue to roast until the garlic is soft and golden brown, about 20 minutes longer.
- 5Allow to cool for 20 minutes and reserve any juices in the packet.
- 6Squeeze the garlic from the skins into a food processor.
- 7Add to the food processor any reserved juices, 3/4 teaspoons salt, and the remaining ingredients. Process until thick and smooth, about 1 minute.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nonfat Roasted Garlic Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (344 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 186.1
- Calories from Fat 12
- Total Fat 1.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 259.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 24.3 g
- Protein 5.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: