Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
- 1 1⁄2 cups cornmeal
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg whites, beaten
- 2 cups fat-free buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205° C., gas mark 6) Spray an 8-inch square pan.
- Mix together the corn meal, flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add the beaten egg whites and buttermilk.
- Pour into prepare pan and bake 35-40 minutes until browned and cooked through.
- Cut into squares.
- To serve, top with stewed tomatoes; serve immediately.