Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A delicious dessert by itself or paired with a cup of coffee or a latte!
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (9 ounce) packagenone such condensed mincemeat, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. In large bowl, beat sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla. Add flour, baking powder and cinnamon; mix well. Stir in None Such.
- Divide dough in half. With lightly floured hands, shape into two long loaves, 1½ inches in diameter. Place on greased cookie sheets.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes until golden brown and slightly firm. Cool 5 minutes. With sharp knife, cut loaves diagonally into ¾-inch thick slices. Place cut side down on cookie sheets.
- Bake 5 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Cool 5 minutes; remove from cookie sheets. Cool completely.
Made these for Hallowe'en treats, & although the recipe was pretty much followed, I did bake them a little less than indicated in the instructions, since I didn't want them totally dry & hard! Worked very well that way, making for wonderfully tasty, just ever-so-slightly soft cookies! [Made & reviewed in Zaar Cookbook recipe tag]