Recipe by Vesper
This is an extremely easy recipe for a microwaved, ice-cream cake. Sound odd? Keep reading. I created this recipe when I was eight years old and craving some chocolate cake. All my parents had were these ice-cream sandwiches, and well.. as any child would I put them all in a large bowl, mushed and stirred them till it had a cake batter consistency. Since I was too young to use the oven I stuck it in the microwave, and to my great surprise came a moist, delicious cake. There are many ways to go about making this cake. It just depends on your preference. For example, if you want a chocolate cake you'll use the vanilla ice-cream sandwiches, or if you prefer strawberry you'd get the strawberry ice-cream sandwiches. So please, use my ingredients and directions as a rough guide. This is a very simple recipe. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did as a kid.
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut ice-cream sandwiches into halves.
- Put all the ice-cream sandwiches into a large bowl.
- Pour in 2 tsp of milk.
- Mush and stir until there are no more lumps.
- (Stirring will take some time unless blended with a mixer).
- Pour mixture into a microwavable bowl. (Note that the shape of the cake will be an impression of the bowl used).
- Microwave 3-4 minutes.
- Use a toothpick to poke the middle of the cake in order to see if it needs more time in the microwave.