Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Always a hit....it looks like a lot of steps but it is easy...just try it, you will love it!
Make and share this Nona's Blueberry Cheesecake recipe from Food.com.
Part 1 - Blueberry Filling
- 59.14 ml cornstarch (around 5 tablespoons)
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml water
- 946.36 ml frozen blueberries
Part 2 - Crust
- 473.18 ml graham cracker crumbs
- 118.29 ml butter, melted
Part 3 - Cheesecake Mixture
- 453.59 g cream cheese (2 packages, softened)
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 2.46 ml vanilla
- 10 g whipping cream stabilizer (1 package)
- 473.18 ml whipping cream
- Part 1 Directions:.
- Put ¼ cup of the water in a pot with the blueberries on medium heat. Once blueberries are unfrozen add sugar. In a little bowl mix the cornstarch and ¼ cold water. Once the blueberry mixture comes to a boil add the cornstarch mixture and let cook until thickens. Take off heat and let cool uncovered. This mixture must be completed cooled before adding to the cake.
- Part 2 Directions:.
- Mix the two ingredients together well and press into a 15x9x2 pan.
- **Do not grease the pan**.
- Part 3 Directions:.
- Use an electric beater and take the whipping cream, stabilizer and ¼ cup of sugar and whip together until thick.
- Take cream cheese (make sure cream cheese is really soft), rest of sugar and vanilla and mix together with electric beater until smooth.
- Fold the cream cheese and whipping cream mixtures together.
- Final Directions:.
- Now take ½ of the cream cheese mixture and spread on graham crumbs. Than add the blueberry mixture (make sure this is cold). Then take the rest of the cream cheese mixture and put on top of the blueberry mixture. (Tip: for the top layer spoon the cream cheese mixture in places it makes it easier to spread.).
- Take a few tablespoons of graham crumbs and just sprinkle on the top. Put in fridge for at least 2 hours.