1/1 Photo of Non-Vegetarian Tomato Soup
This is a delicious, buttery soup. Originally made to pair with toasted tuna salad sandwiches, but we were too full to eat them! Courtesy of Micheal Chiarello.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 450.
- 2Strain can of tomatoes well, reserving liquid. Spread tomatoes on a wax-paper- or tinfoil-covered baking sheet.
- 3Drizzle 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil over the tomato chunks.
- 4Roast chunks in oven for 15 minutes, until edges are well browned and starting to caramelize.
- 5While tomatoes roast, dice celery, carrot, onion, and garlic.
- 6Pour remaining 1/2 cup olive oil into stock pot or large sauce pan, and heat on medium-low.
- 7Add celery, carrot, onion, and garlic and cook for 10 minutes, covered and stirring occasionally, until soft.
- 8Once vegetables are softened, add roasted tomatoes, butter, tomato juice, bay leaves, and chicken broth, and simmer, covered, for an additional 15-20 minutes.
- 9Once everything's soft and well blended, add cream and basil.
- 10Puree with an immersion blender or in a standing blender until smooth.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Non-Vegetarian Tomato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (295 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 456.5
- Calories from Fat 422
- Total Fat 46.8 g
- Saturated Fat 9.3 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 261.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 2.7 g