1/2 Photos of Non-traditional Key Lime Pie
4 hrs 15 mins
Danny Beason's Note:
Prepared by Nashville's "Caterer to the Stars" Laure Jabus, YUM! Catering
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Ingredients for crust
- 1 1/2 cups cinnamon graham cracker crumbs (or more if you like a thicker crust)
- 1/3 cup melted unsalted butter
Ingredients for the filling
- 3 egg yolks (beaten for about 5 minutes until lemony in color and frothy)
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 10 tablespoons fresh key lime juice (OR 5 TBS each regular lime juice and fresh lemon juice)
- 2 teaspoons grated lime zest, preferably key limes
Ingredients for whipped cream topping
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Prepare the crust: Combine the graham cracker crumbs and butter in a mixing bowl and mix together for a crumbly crust.
- 3Press the mixture into an 8-inch pie pan.
- 4Bake the crust for 5 minutes.
- 5Remove the crust from the oven, but leave the oven on.
- 6Meanwhile, prepare the filling.
- 7Combine the egg yolks and sweetened condensed milk in a mixing bowl and beat with a mixer at high speed until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- 8Gradually beat in the lime juice and zest.
- 9Pour the mixture into the crust.
- 10Bake the pie for 8 minutes, or until the filling is set and an inserted skewer comes out clean and hot to the touch.
- 11Remove the pie from the oven.
- 12Set the pie on a rack to cool to room temperature.
- 13Refrigerate the pie, uncovered, for at least four hours before serving.
- 14When ready to serve, make the whipped topping.
- 15Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and beat on high until whipped cream stands in peaks.
- 16Place on top of pie and serve!
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Non-traditional Key Lime Pie
Serving Size: 1 (934 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2922.2
- Calories from Fat 1765
- Total Fat 196.1 g
- Saturated Fat 119.8 g
- Cholesterol 1121.5 mg
- Sodium 628.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 261.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 242.7 g
- Protein 44.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
cinnamon graham cracker crumbs