Recipe by That is Dr House to you
Non Soy Soy Sauce Replacement for Cooking Bryanna Grogan developed this to sub for soy sauce for those allergic to soy. It can be used in place of tamari also.
Top Review by Titanium Chef
Thank you SO much for posting this. Now I can again have sushi, fried rice, stir fry and all of my other favorite dishes that call for soy sauce. Tastes great and super easy to put together. The hardest part was figuring out which part of the store had the Marmite. :-)
- 3⁄4 cup water or 3⁄4 cup broth or 3⁄4 cup mushroom, soaking liquid
- 1 tablespoon yeast extract
- 1 tablespoon soy free liquid gravy browner
- 1 tablespoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- The yeast extract can be Marmite or similar. The mushroom soaking liquid is suppose to be just that and not have a comma.
- Simply mix.
- Sub 1 tbsp for soy sauce.
- If you want a more complex flavor add wine, broth or mushroom concentrate to the dish in addition to this recipe.