Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A safer alternative for those people who feel that petroleum jelly is a must! This can be cut in half
- 470 g castor oil
- 25 g beeswax, cut into small chunks
- 5 g vitamin E
- Melt beeswax in a large saucepan over the stove.
- Whisk the castor oil and vitamin E to create a jelly type consistency. I use a stick blender.
- Package into cosmetic jars.
- Keep in mind, the Vitamin E works as a preservative, but this does have a shelf life of approximately 1-1/2 - 2 years. I would discontinue to use if the product smells "off".
Perfect! This feels exactly right to me. Because I was experimenting, I cut the recipe by 1/20th (I have a scale that weighs in hundredths of grams). Mixed up a batch in less than 5 minutes (I used the beeswax beads). I'm going to use the finished jelly to create a cuticle cream. Thank you Abby Girl!